FateModified

All 162 Audio Reviews

103 w/ Responses

I love the piano and emotional vibes from this! You've improved A LOT in your music production over the last year in my opinion. Keep getting better at it dude, don't ever give up! And congratulations, I just noticed you have 100 followers. :)

AlbeGian responds:

Thank you fate ^^ still have many mistakes and issues to fix and correct for future songs, but I take my time. Thx for listening!

I really like this song a lot, you did a great job! I love the ambient guitars. The production quality is really good imo. There were moments when I felt a Super Meatboy vibe, one of my favorite video game soundtracks. I love the bass and ambient vibes in this. Awesome work! :D

This is awesome, AlbeGian! I love the melodies in this, and the instruments you used are very beautiful. You seriously did a great job! Sorry you lost the files, but it sounds pretty amazing to me as it is. :)

AlbeGian responds:

Thank you Fate, I'm really glad you liked it!

One of my favorites in the AIM contest this year. I really enjoyed this, good job! :)

FelixZophar responds:

Thanks a lot! :D

Really good! I only wish the percussion cut through the mix a bit more in the last half. You have an awesome buildup with the choir and the strings towards the end but it sounds like the percussion gets lost in that buildup. They should add to that buildup as well in my opinion but they don’t seem to do that here. Other than that it sounds amazing. Great job! :)

AceMantra responds:

Hey, thanks for the review! Yeah I agree, the drums do get drowned out a bit. I'll keep that in mind for next time. :)

I really love the solo instrument that starts playing at about 0:39. You have a lot of reverb and it makes that solo instrument sound amazing! But when the pad is introduced at about 0:56 with all that reverb added to the pad as well, the reverb is slightly overwhelming and kind of hides the pad. Then when the piano comes in at about 1:13 the reverb really hides the piano and the piano sounds lost in your mix. I would like to be able to hear that piano a little more clearly. Then the whole last half of the song is completely lost in a huge wash of reverb to where the instruments are just drowning in it and it’s all way too clouded. A large amount of reverb sounds great on one maybe two instruments if there is a lot of space between moments of being played (if you play short instances and allow breaks for the listener to hear the reverb decay for some time before introducing more notes) but when you have several instruments playing and no breaks for the effect of the reverb to decay a bit then it becomes a large clouded wash of sound. My suggestion is to use the reverb more sparingly when you have a lot more going on instrumentally. Maybe use some automation to dial down the reverb as more instruments are introduced and where there is a lot more going on. Also try using less or different amounts of reverb on each instrument. Otherwise I love what you are trying to do and I really love that solo instrument with all that reverb when it plays solo. Keep it up! ;)

SplatterDash responds:

I listened back a couple of times, and yeah, I get the point of reverb in the second half. With the pad, I wanted it to kinda stay hidden and support the main solo instrument, but with the piano I was worried about it coming out because I felt like it wasn't so much of a well-written piano part. Still, I think I can make use of the wet/dry knob of the reverb the next time I do something like this - the reason why I used a lot of reverb was to a) make it sound a little realistic, and b) make it sound huge, especially considering this was being done using the maximum amount of channels in any Live Lite file, which is 8 (although it kinda failed me on that end). But still, the more I listen to the second half the more I agree with you that less is more. Thank you for the advice!

Good job! I love the leads in this. Can’t wait to hear more from you! :)

NeXsard responds:

i'll be uploading very frequently now. and thank you very much

This is awesome!!

I enjoyed this. I think it fits the artwork really well. Good job and good luck to you in the AIM contest! 🙂

This is really great! You’re gonna beat me again in this Chips Compo again, I can feel it lol. This reminds me a lot of Hans Zimmer’s music in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie soundtracks. Hans Zimmer is probably my favorite film scorer. Great job!! :-)

JessieYun responds:

Hey FateModified,
Thank you very much for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it haha. Nah, you never know! I'm also planning to replace with an extended version on Chips very soon, which could give more of that PotC feeling. I hope it works better than this one, though!

Oh, and me too! Hans Zimmer is also my favorite composer, I really admire his works a lot. (Although this wasn't straightly inspired by his works...)

Amateur music arranger/producer since 2013. Video game, cinematic, trance, DnB, ambient, and experimental are genres I produce these days.

Daren @FateModified