View Profile FateModified

1 Movie Review

I know you can't believe it, but yes, I actually took the time to read the piece of paper that is at 5:15. Actually, I happened to pause it at that moment to get my cat out from behind my monitor since she just hopped up there at that time, and then I noticed what was written. Funny coincidence. Outstanding quality and awesome short film. I loved it.

5 Game Reviews

I really enjoyed this. The spinning mechanic with the movement to avoid the spikes was actually very fun. It kind of reminds me of the game "VVVVVV." The only things I would have liked to have seen in this game are some different colors/graphics for different areas of the game, and also some music would have added to it. Short but fun. :)

chrishughes2d responds:

Thanks HelpThePoor. Funny you say that. The soundtrack was the coolest part of this game, but when I uploaded the game I forgot the music was dynamically loaded so it didn't make it to newgrounds. I'll submit an update with this fix once it has passed initial judgment (assuming it passes). You can check out the game with soundtrack at www.spinsp.in.

Thank for the feedback. I appreciate it. VVVVVV was a huge inspiration for this game, in terms of the tone (twitch controls + grapjocs + music).

You guys did a great job with this game. I love the artwork and music. The wall-jump mechanic was great too, and it worked fine for me. I think some people may have had trouble wall-jumping because they pressed the arrow key and actually moved away from the wall slightly before hitting the jump button.

It really had a great atmosphere and was enjoyable to play. In a way it reminds me of both Fez and Cave Story. Could these two games have been an influence for you? Anyway, great job! I rate it 4.5/5 rather than a solid 5 because I just wish it was longer. You should definitely consider making a sequel for this. :D

Raiyumi responds:

Thanks! Cavestory and Fez indeed have a bit of influence in this. Also, it's in our plans to work on this more in the future. :)

Very fun and challenging game. I like the graphics - it's simple but very interesting. Good music too. You did a great job in the very short time you had. The only thing wrong with it is that occasionally if I jumped onto the corner of a block, my guy would freeze in place like he was stuck and would not move until I made the blocks disappear. It seems like maybe a bug in the collision detection system, I'm not sure. Very fun though, I like it! :)

whuop responds:

I'm very glad you liked it! Yep the corner thing is a bug that we didn't have time to resolve. Luckily theres the reset button! Will fix that bug somewhere in the near future.

131 Audio Reviews

Nice work! It sounds great. :)

I really like this song a lot, you did a great job! I love the ambient guitars. The production quality is really good imo. There were moments when I felt a Super Meatboy vibe, one of my favorite video game soundtracks. I love the bass and ambient vibes in this. Awesome work! :D

This is awesome, AlbeGian! I love the melodies in this, and the instruments you used are very beautiful. You seriously did a great job! Sorry you lost the files, but it sounds pretty amazing to me as it is. :)

AlbeGian responds:

Thank you Fate, I'm really glad you liked it!

6 Art Reviews

This is really awesome! Congratulations!

gatekid3 responds:

Looks really good. I'm pretty new at pixel art too, and I'm finding that fire and explosion animations are pretty difficult to get to look right if you have little experience. But you did a good job here, I think. Keep it up. :)

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! This was my second attempt at fire (if you count the first version as a first attempt) I was kind've surprised. Explosions would be harder for me. I'm getting the hang of this and working hard at it, studying and improving. I'm fascinated with it as of late, I used to really suck at regular drawing (still do) but yet I'm better with this. Thank you :)

Well, your pixel art beats my pixel art for sure. It would probably take me a week to try to make something this good. :)

I've arranged and produced music in my spare time since 2013. I hope to produce soundtracks for video games and movies full time one day. I’m open for collabs right now so if you need some music feel free to message me. :)

40, Male